Benefits of Hiring a Bankruptcy Lawyer
If you are thinking about filing for bankruptcy, you may wonder if you should hire a Las Vegas bankruptcy lawyer or not. Although you’re not required to hire a lawyer, it’s in your best interest to do so. Here are some benefits of hiring a bankruptcy lawyer.
- Assist with Paperwork: When you file for bankruptcy, you will have a lot of paperwork to fill out. It can be overwhelming and include legal jargon you’re not familiar with. That is why it is important to have an experienced bankruptcy lawyer on your side. He or she will make sure all the information in your paperwork is correct.
- Decide Which Bankruptcy to File: There are two types of bankruptcy: Chapter 7 and Chapter 13. An experienced bankruptcy lawyer can help you decide which bankruptcy is best for your situation. For example, if you still have a job and would like to keep your home, your lawyer may suggest filing Chapter 13 bankruptcy. On the other hand, if you have no income coming in, Chapter 7 may be the better option.
- Save Money: If you are thinking about filing for bankruptcy, it’s safe to say that you’re struggling financially. Therefore, you may think that hiring a Las Vegas bankruptcy lawyer will just add to your stress. However, working with a skilled lawyer may actually help you save more money in the long run. For one thing, he or she can help you avoid costly mistakes that could slow your case down. Your lawyer can also help you achieve a successful outcome through good negotiating skills.
- Prevent Creditor Harassment: When you’re overdue on your bills, you likely have creditors contacting you daily demanding payment. This can make your situation even more stressful. That’s another reason to have a bankruptcy lawyer on your side. He or she will contact your creditors and explain your situation and tell them to stop contacting you. Once these creditors stop calling you, it can be a big relief.
- Avoid Mistakes: When you’re struggling financially and filing for bankruptcy, it can cause you to feel a wide range of emotions. Unfortunately, these emotions could cloud your judgment and cause you to make costly mistakes. If you have an experienced bankruptcy lawyer on your side, he or she will prevent you from making these mistakes. For instance, your lawyer will advise you against making big purchases on credit before filing for bankruptcy.