The Ballstaedt Law Firm Bank Scholarship values the importance of education and the challenges some students face affording it. We believe that every student with the desire and drive to attend college should have that opportunity, regardless of financial status.
As the #1 bankruptcy filer in Nevada, Ballstaedt Law Firm is committed to:
- Providing students with assistance in securing a higher education
- Taking some of the financial burdens off dedicated, hard-working students
All students should have the opportunity to attend college and achieve their goals. Ballstaedt Law Firm is awarding a $1,000 scholarship to cover education expenses for the 2020-2021 school year. The scholarship is available for Nevada high school students who plan on enrolling in a community college or university.
We are offering a scholarship for college and college-bound students who understand how to overcome life’s financial challenges and are committed to demonstrating a determination to build useful lives, pursue higher education, and achieve career success.
Seth D. Ballstaedt, Esq. has handled thousands of bankruptcy cases under Chapters 7, 11, and 13. He has earned a reputation for being one of Nevada’s top-rated bankruptcy attorneys currently in practice. Seth is passionate about bankruptcy because he has witnessed how it completely transforms lives and gives people a fresh start in life. Starting on the right foot is always a plus, and Seth wishes to pass this advantage on to a college or college-bound student through this scholarship award.
Seth is a strong advocate for organizations devoted to helping others and enjoys giving back to his community. He understands that education is a critical cornerstone upon which future leaders are made, and providing financial assistance to those in need is crucial. The Ballstaedt Law Firm strives to ensure that all people, regardless of their socioeconomic status, have access to academic, interpersonal, and community opportunities.
Bankruptcy Scholarship Application Guidelines
► Essay Prompt:
- What is one financial challenge or hardship you’ve experienced in your life, and how did you overcome it?
- How has this event affected your education?
- How has overcoming this incident prepared you to meet the challenges of higher learning?
- How will college attendance demonstrate your determination to move forward in your life?
- What college are you attending or planning on attending?
► Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited high school, community college, undergraduate, or graduate program in the United States. This includes high school Juniors or Seniors, high school graduates, or those who possess a GED.
- Applicants must be enrolled as either an undergraduate or in their final year of high school.
- Applicants must be age 17 or older.
The Ballstaedt Law Firm Bankruptcy Scholarship funds can be applied to tuition, books, and/or other fees at the high school, undergraduate, or graduate program in the United States where the recipient will enroll or is currently enrolled.
► Application Materials
All applicants need to submit the following application materials by August 15th, 2021:
- A completed Bankruptcy Scholarship Application (provided on our website).
- An essay (1000 word limit) on the topic (essay prompt) listed above.
- A valid transcript (high school, college, or university) reflecting current academic standing, including at least a 3.0 GPA and proof of acceptance and/or enrollment.
Failure to include all required application materials will result in a rejection of the application.
The selected student will be notified of their selection for the $1,000 award in September 2021.
Eligible applications must be completed and received or postmarked no later than August 15th, 2021. Applicants may submit their materials electronically or via mail.
The Ballstaedt Law Firm Bankruptcy Scholarship winner will be announced in September 2021.
Applications submitted by email should be sent to email@example.com. Emailed applications should contain the subject “The Ballstaedt Law Firm Bankruptcy Scholarship 2021.”
Paper applications should be mailed to:
The Ballstaedt Law Firm Bankruptcy Scholarship
9555 S Eastern Ave, Ste 285
Las Vegas, NV 89123
Phone: (702) 213-2884